My blog is dedicated to my adorable friend Maria Clara Velez who I went to high school with and who I am still very close to! She asked me this week HOW DO YOU DO IT--- and I dont do it by myself I have a crazy amazing support system! and motherhood is just a crazy thing-- you just take one day at a time! I know what an amazing mom she is and I am sure her days are just as crazy as mine. I love you and miss you Maria!
Wake up at 5am so I can get a run in, I am in Charlotte, NC working and it is maybe 20 degrees warmer than at home so I MUST run. I get my running flashlight and my watch and its a go. I leave the hotel to find out its raining... I got back inside get on treadmill and furious at my self get back out-- 5 miles later im soaked but the feeling of accomplishment was amazing. That also means I might be running late to wash my hair and get ready to go to the office before I go back home.
6am: back from my run! FAST RUSH shower! You must dry your hair
7:15: call the kids and chris wish them a good day tell them I will see them in a few hours
7:30: PACK! oh I forgot to pack my hair is still wet.
7:45: Meet friends downstairs so we can go grab starbucks quickly
8:00: Starbucks is packed, we have an 8:30am meeting. we have to get out of the car get the hair that took so long to dry wet but WE MUST get out starbucks.
8:30: we are at the office! we made it to the meeting-- starbucks in hand.. we can survive
9:30: one last meeting before we pack up to go home
10:15: we are flying out of the office-- we are 15 minutes late bc of me... my meeting ran long
11:30 go through security and fly to the gate
11:45 breath first sit is not so bad and I made it
2:00 landing after a bumpy ride
2:15 my bag broke-- but how? well must be all the rushing! no time to fix it just run!
2:25 I see my BFF!
2:45 drop bags let sammy out-- fly to school so I can surprise the kids!
3:15pm... here they come they see me and I see them-- their faces every time they see me when I arrive from a trip are priceless like we have not seen each other for years. Teacher gives them the go ahead to come towards mom! we hug and kiss and ughhh! nothing feels like that!
3:30 we get in the car to go home-- bella has so many stories to tell me, lucas is pushing her and rolling his eyes at me because she will not stop talking!
3:40 we make it home! home sweet home-- should I unpack? emails are coming in like I have not been in the office for years. Get the kids settle so I can check a few important projects.
4:30 finalize emails so I can spend quality time with the kids
5:00 OMG dinner? what am I making for dinner I have been gone just for 4 days but lets check and see what we have! BINGO lucas claims he wants mac and cheese! yes that will be great fast and easy! Chris calls, he has a dinner which means mac and cheese is perfect the kids eat and I can make me a colombian arepa... that will give us enough time to finish homework and get ready for swimming
6:00 my friend sheila picks up --- we have a major carpooling system! I pick up or viceversa it has only been 3 days but I already forgot. maybe chelle picked up either way we left the house at some point for swim practice.
630 while swim practice run to wegmans and get milk for the morning!
8:00 showers after swim practice and a small snack-- review homework make sure everything looks good... bella still talking she still has so much to tell me! I love it
8:35 bella claims if she doesnt practice violin the sky will fall! we must listen to the violin and lucs tries to read... lucas claims bella's violin is not allowing him to concentrate! bella is done! we can read-- they look tired phew... sweet dreams.
8:40 lights out for the kids-- chris calls and wonders how I get them to bed so early and he cant- ;0
8:45-- the dishes--- clean dishes leave the kitchen ready for next day. lunch boxes for school-- review backpacks-- OH NO! the dishwasher was full --- empty and lets get this done!
9:45 on my way upstairs with my tea so I can relax and go to bed
10:30 pm... out!
It is a huge support system from the carpools to my hubby to my amazing friend sheila who my kids love and adore for making them feel like masha is home when she is away!
It is a crazy life but one that I am thankful and grateful for! I love my family and love seeing them do what they love-- if swimming makes the schedule a crazy one so be it! they love it! Chris supports me knowing how much I love my job and I do the same with him-- because at the end of the day we are here for each other-- most days are crazy and hectic
So... unless I had gotten that run in early am... how was I going to fit it later on?! yes my rule is run or go to the gym in the am or you will find a million excuses not to-- along with a million things to do.
![]() |
| Con Maria y |

No comments:
Post a Comment