Saturday, January 21, 2012

40 Pounds of Genuine Smiles!

I cannot get my kids out of bed during the week, but this morning everyone jumped on mommy and daddy at 6:50 am yelling loudly... WE ARE GOING SKIING TODAY! Breakfast today was pancakes! We are heading out to ski.  Lucas's request for his birthday was a simple one I want to go skiing! We were fortunate to find an activity that everyone enjoys and loves.  The bonus we get to spend time together.

If you ask Lucas what his favorite season he has no hesitation answering: WINTER... because of the snow!

Tomorrow I will tell the story of how Lucas was born.  Today I can tell you that being 5' (on a very good day) and with over 40lbs you can get the picture of how I was looking 7 years ago.  With Bella the lbs went off so easy... with Lucas not so much it took me so much time to take them off and a lot of hard work. 7 years ago Lucas was only 32 weeks.  I had already been at the hospital once thinking we were going into labor and it was a very stressful month.  Both pregnancies were high risk so we were somewhat prepared but Lucas just happened to arrive a lot earlier than we thought.

We relocate often with Chris job, we moved to OH from OK when I was 7 months pregnant!  One minute we were packing then we were having a baby....! Bella was 20 months when Lucas was born. Yes we had a toddler a house to unpack and decorate and a brand new premature baby! Somehow parts of the journey are a blur they went by fast but they were stressful.  The journey of that day was beautiful though... I will always remember it.

Today I am so very thankful for my little man who is the little entertainer of our house and everywhere he goes. He has this charm that is genuine and unique... his little smile takes me away and his jokes and comments make our house complete.  Lucas you have the outgoing personality of your dad and the social skills of your mom, that combination can be a bomb but you managed to make it a very special one. Keep dancing my love you make the world dance around you when you do.  

Enjoy your weekend everyone! we are off to get those legs sore and to enjoy some family time, the president of the house made sandwiches and the CEO packed some healthy snacks.  Our little man managed to sneak in some candy but since it is his bday we will allow it:)
Lucas almost 7 years old. The happiest little man!





1 comment: