Sunday, January 22, 2012

Family of 4= Complete

 GOOD AM!!! GOOD AM! Get up mommy and daddy! (6:30am) That would be Bella.  Lucas says: please I want to sleep a little bit longer... Bella: Lucas is your bday get up! Open your presents!

I started my story about Lucas's birth by telling you how premature he was.  Lucas was 32 weeks when he was born and very tiny.  He was barely 5lbs and very skinny.  The morning of January 22, 2005 I remember getting up and not feeling well. My sister had arrived from Colombia to be there to help us with Bella (20 months). I had been put on bed rest the week before.  We needed to make sure we will keep Lucas in there as long as possible. 3 weeks prior to that we had gone to our routine appointment and from the Drs. office we went to the hospital with Lucas 29 weeks.  They tried to stop labor and it was done successfully after shots for Lucas to develop his lungs and everything seems like such a blur, I felt that day as if I had been in labor several times. But we made it back home hoping to keep him in there for 8 more weeks.

We made it only 3 more weeks. We had gotten 5 inches of snow in OH. We made it to the hospital... I was so big, I could barely walk it was quite funny.  We could see the Dr at the end of the hallway in the 3rd floor waving at us to hurry with 2 nurses ready and here I was trying to run my legs could barely move, they moved more sideways than forward. We arrived at the hospital at 8:00pm Lucas was born at 8:32 pm. via c-section.  I was able be awake and able to say hi to my little man when they brought him to me.  My Dr was right, I had started bleeding inside (the condition: placenta previa). The placenta had separated from Lucas.  A life threatening condition for both Lucas and me. Our main concern was Lucas he needed oxygen as soon as he was born. Lucas was in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) for 5 days.  We stayed in the hospital 7 days.

We can really say little Lucas was a trooper.  He has been healthy ever since and fortunate enough not to experience any complications later on from being premature.

It was a crazy day but it was one of the best days we can remember.  Chris and I went through so much emotionally.  Thinking of Lucas's well being and mine.  But we made it through and our little family of 3 became complete when that crazy day Lucas arrived and we became a family of 4.

Everyone who knows him knows he is a performer a story teller and has that... "Charm". I always remember the way one of his teachers describe him to me... "we all live life around here (pointing to face level) but Lucas lives life way up here (pointing up to as high as her arm could reach up)".  That is Lucas he is just happy and he finds joy on little things.

So today my blog is all about him! The happiness and love he brings to our life. I ran 9.44 miles for you little man! And remembered every minute of that day while I ran today!
The biggest Purdue fan
Lucas 7 years old
We are going home.  Our last day in the hospital
Visiting Lucas in the NICU no more oxygen! it was an exciting day!

Lucas the fish
Bella meets Lucas after 5 days of being born.






No comments:

Post a Comment