So finally we make it to church before 9am and because the temps are below 0 not many people had attended. We were so proud to be there early and not having to have the usher help us find a seat! From Church to hockey to freeze just a little bit more... which meant inside all I kept thinking was for excuses not to go outside and run... why? it is below zero what is the point.
So here is the thing, I constantly do that... create excuses inside my head not to go, but who am I kidding? get out there and go to the gym or go run! no excuse is valid.
So yes my thoughts did not win... I got out there with my running partner and my husband, it was the first time we were running together. It was 8 F while we were running, sunny and absolutely gorgeous. We ran by the river and run over snow and it felt amazing. We laughed and talked and of course Chris got me mad a couple of times, I know better than to run with him! We logged 5 cold winter miles.
MY FAVORITE THING OF THE DAY:
I have to talk about what I had for breakfast this morning, and here is why... my favorite fruit: PAPAYA.
A lot of my friends here in the US didn't know what it was... some of
them are waiting for me to show them how to cut it. It is SUCH A
POWERHOUSE fruit! but you do have to learn how to cut it first. Make
sure you slice it and remove all the seeds... DO NOT EAT them.. they are
not good. I eat it with a little bit of sugar and lemon on top! so
delicious! But I also have it with french vanilla fat free yogurt during
the week. Wegmans carries it.
Papaya is considered not only a power fruit but a healing fruit. It promotes digestion, it is an anti-inflammatory, fights heart disease and supports your immune system. I have also heard it helps fight prostate cancer and protects your eyes and lungs but I have to read more about those to promote.
Well that was a great family Sunday. I am blessed to have my brother back! My kids are so happy to have him here for a few more weeks!
It was a great weekend of sports and I will talk more about that tomorrow, from the Saints losing, the Patriots winning and we have to watch and see if the Packers win! Oh and the Golden Globes are on tonight!
My work week promises to be a very busy one... but I will make sure to write my blog every day as promised even if it is just a few paragraphs.
![]() |
| Lots of snow and blue skies! |

No comments:
Post a Comment