Monday, January 16, 2012

Spinach Monday

Ahh Mondays are so busy. I finally have one minute to write the blog. It is still so cold in upstate NY... but the sun was out and it makes the snow shine so beautiful. 

I was thinking about going out for a run but I know better than to run when I am too sore. There is nothing like a very early workout, you know that once you get it done then you don't have to worry about it anymore.  It gets me going and I'm certainly a happier person when I workout early.  I ended up going with Jillian Michaels today, (No more trouble zones) her workouts are good, I enjoy them if I know I won't be able to make it to the gym.  No trouble zones is one of my favorites because no matter how many times I do it, The surrender move is a killer and my waist is always sore the next day:)

I had for lunch MY FAVORITE VEGETABLE: Spinach, I love spinach on any shape or form.  As a salad, soup or cooked. The benefits of spinach are absolutely endless: It is low in calories yet very high in vitamins, it is one of the best sources of iron. One of my favorite things is that is always available all year long and everywhere you go.  I prefer to eat it as a fresh salad along with Strawberries.

Remember Popeye? He squeezed those cans into his mouth and instantly developed muscles and super strength? Well with all the nutrients that spinach provides wonder why!

Spinach is one of the high pesticide-containing foods, so it's important to eat organic spinach if you can.



Side note ... The Saints game was unbelievable. I am a big Saints fan because of Drew Brees.  With 2:07 remaining, the Saints took over at their own 12-yard line, down 29-24 to the 49ers. Brees led a 88-yard drive in 34 seconds that ended with a throw over the middle, they snagged it out of the air and ran for a 66-yard touchdown... and it was over. Ughh. The Packers lots so I was ok with that.

Have a great night everyone...!


Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/15/4188934/saints-confidence-is-shaken-in.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/15/4188934/saints-confidence-is-shaken-in.html#storylink=cpy

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! I am so glad you started this blog! Not only do you inspire me but now you can inspire others with this vehicle! Love it! :) Did not love your comment about the Packers however!!! So sad my team lost! :( Next year maybe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila... I knew the comment about the packers will bring some Spindler comment. Thank you I enjoy the blog and I am amazed by the emals and viewers! so cool!

    ReplyDelete