| My welcome home sign when I pulled in the garage. Essentials! |
Last week was a crazy busy week away from my family and working pretty incredible hours. Getting up very early to catch up on work and a workout and going to bed very late reviewing emails. But it was all worth it for a great productive week.
I purchased an awesome movie my friend T recommended she said it reminded her of me... I was curious to see why... The name is I don't know how she does it. With one of my favorites from sex and city Sarah Jessica Parker. It made me laugh too much because there's some parts that are totally me and how we women manage to work and be a moms, it gets pretty messy and crazy sometimes but at the end I agree with the movie when she knows that her work is part of who she is. I have to admit my favorite was the bake sale moms, this subject is too controversial so I am going to stay away from it but if you want a good chickflick that is certainly one.
I have some essentials I need to travel with I will tell you what they are...
First no matter what always have my phone, my ipad and my computer. I know... I love electronics. So thankful for them and because of them I get to communicate with my kids while I'm away, by seeing their cute little faces. Then the secondary essentials, my clothes, my shoes and no matter what MY RUNNING SHOES! Yes I did once and will never do it again... Left my shoes... DO not leave your workout clothes at home because once you do your week is a big mess. It is like I give myself a green flag to craziness.
So this particular trip I had all of them, I ended up working out 4 times out of 5 days which is HUGE for me while I am working. Some of you might not know this... but I do not like getting up at 445 to work out... but I promised myself that I will do it and once I do that it is like I am competing against myself. So hey if that gets me up and going why not. I will admit my workouts were not hard core amazing workouts but I got them done. One day I only worked out for 30 minutes and I felt great because 30 minutes was certainly better than not working out at all. Once I work out I'm fully and completely awake and alert for the day. No coffee needed. You can ask my friends at the office they know when I had a good run and when I should not require coffee that morning.
I enjoy working and being inspired but it is SO SO tough to be away from the kids and Chris. But I know that when I come back the sweetest of my essentials is waiting... beyond endless hugs and kisses from the 3 of them and the happiness of seeing them is certainly my most and dear essential for landing.
I landed 10 miles with my running soul mate yesterday, lots of great laughs and we still manage to talk all the way and still run out of time, I find that fascinating. CNY finally landed about 5 inches of snow and more to come loving that the snow waited for me to land!
![]() |
| Me after a 10 mile run last week. |
![]() |
| Good morning Upstate New York |
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment